Are you dreading Christmas because you will be spending the holiday season alone? There is no reason you should have to sit at home feeling lonely and depressed. Listed below are eight ways to avoid being alone this Christmas season.
1. Check your local newspaper for listings of holiday events at Churches in your area. Share in the holiday spirit as you enjoy fellowshipping with others while attending a special Christmas service.
2. Visit an elderly person in your neighborhood who is spending the holiday alone. Help brighten their day by giving them a fresh fruit basket that you put together yourself.
3. Take flowers to a patient who is spending Christmas in the hospital. Bring the holiday to them by visiting and singing a Christmas carol or two.
4. Deliver a care package that you put together yourself to an elderly patient at a local nursing home. Include useful items such as soaps and lotions for a female resident, or shaving products for a male resident.
5. Contact a friend who is spending the holiday alone. Invite them to share a Christmas meal with you at your home or at a local restaurant.
6. Volunteer to help the homeless by cooking or serving meals at a local soup kitchen.
7. Buy some small inexpensive toys at a dollar store and take them to the children at a local orphanage.
8. Buy some articles of clothing at a thrift shop and give them to a mother and her children at a local women’s shelter.
Don’t just sit at home this holiday season feeling sorry for yourself. Go out and spread some Christmas cheer by helping those who are less fortunate than you.