Hypertext Preprocessor, PHP, is a strong web development tool. It helps build websites, with scripting languages and codes. PHP code is also embedded into HTML, which is the blueprint for many websites. On-line servers to cultivate a web page document then process it. You can edit or convert a PHP file into various formats. Depending on your needs, there are on-line converters available. You can also implement manual steps to achieve desired results. You will, however, need to dedicate some time to this process. Since we are dealing with source code, manual editing can be a tedious task. Even with on-line converters, the conversion process can be lengthy, and requires patience and skill.
Things You’ll Need
PC or Mac Computer
PHP on-line converter
Web coding software
Website creation software
Save the PHP script on your desktop or drive. If manually converting the code, right clicking can do this. The source code and properties are then accessible. You may then edit, change, or delete any part of the code, before saving it for future use. If using an on-line converter, simply locate the script to proceed with conversion. The file format, however, should be saved as a PHP file or document. This is essential when converting these files into graphic applications, web documents, or other material.
When adding PHP files, it is also important to set conversion parameters. This includes new file extensions, output levels, and proper code setup. Although the conversion process is easy, the waiting time depends on the size of the file. At times, multiple web documents are converted, so the software may take longer to process files. It is very important to remain patient. If you interfere with the conversion, it might produce files that are not functional. This, as opposed to manual steps, is a simple way to convert all your PHP files. You can also find several free PHP on-line converters, or purchase one for additional enhancements.
Test your converted file or document. This can save time and further conversion processes. Whether you have converted scripts to a PDF file or graphic, it is essential to check their functionality. A PDF file can be reviewed with an on-line reader, or acceptable software. A graphic application can be launched within the browser, or as a stand-alone file. If you have high speed Internet access, you can also check uploading speeds and display options. The key factor is to produce a captivating web document. From websites to on-line documents, the source code must be effective. The script must also be readable, in order for web processors to properly convert the information. The result should be favorable, and enable site display throughout multiple systems.
If your converted file is not suitable, simply repeat the steps. At times, even converted files might not be compatible. This is why it is essential to set conversion protocols. This will save time, and effectively produce a desired file. It can also counter any conversion errors, such as improper file extensions and blank documents. The script must consist of information, in order to fully convert its properties. If your file has been saved prematurely, it will surely produce undesirable results.
Whether you manually edit a file, or utilize a converter, each step must carefully be executed. For on-line converters, follow each step with precision. These steps are in place to ensure a favorable outcome. Depending on your skill level, manual conversion methods can be found on-line or in books. You will, however, still need a web program to process the edits. Since you are creating websites, a good program is a must. You can choose to edit the scripts offline as well, but you will not be able to review or modify them in real time.
Tips and Suggestions
1. First time users should download a PHP file converter. It does take some skill to manually edit PHP scripts and files. Without prior knowledge, your files may not fully convert to other formats. An on-line converter will speed up the process, while effectively converting your files. You can then learn about code conversion, when time permits. You can also implement manual edits, once you become more familiar with the software.
2. Since open source codes are intricate, try converting basic scripts at first. These may include layout, image, and color options. If the codes are embedded with HTML, some knowledge of code separation will be needed. You should also perform a few conversions to test your skills, or the converter’s capacities.
3. Advanced users can edit, modify, or enhance files at their convenience. This may include full site layouts, flash codes, or enhanced features. If using an on-line PHP converter, always check the software’s capacities. A good converter should facilitate a wide array of file formats. These may include graphics, PDF files, or other well-known formats.
4. On-line PHP converters do range in price. This is due to software versions and enhancements. Some converters also have a wider range of conversion features. Before purchasing a converter, make sure it will service all your needs. The last thing you need is to buy a converter that only handles basic files. You can also browse the web for free on-line converters and portals. No matter your preference, you should test the software before converting multiple files. This will save time, and prevent unnecessary frustration when converting files.
5. Even basic codes can appear intimidating. If you have no prior knowledge of coding, let the converter handle your needs. You can also request on-line help, or download a conversion manual as well. The key factor is to remain patient, and follow the instructions thoroughly. If free on-line conversion manuals are not available, consider purchasing one at your nearest bookstore. This too will save time, and allow you to effectively learn PHP file converting.
6. Some on-line converters are expensive. They do, however, consist of features normally not available with free software. Always compare software, prices, and conversion options. If purchasing from a store, ask the service rep as many questions as possible. This will ensure a viable investment, and allow you to maximize converter benefits.
Contributing Writers, Convert PHP Site to Static HTML, Computing.net.
Contributing Writers, PHP, Wikipedia.org
Contributing Writers, How to Convert PHP Files to Microsoft Publisher, eHow.com