A grape fast for cancer, weight loss or detox is a common homeopathic method. It involves eating nothing but grapes and drinking nothing but water or grape juice for several days at a time. Grapes have cancer fighting properties. Naturally, a person considering a grape fast for either cancer, weight loss or detox might have questions concerning it’s effectiveness, history, dangers and of course, how to do a grape fast.
1. How do you do a grape fast? A grape fast is done by alternately drinking water and consuming grapes with seeds (juiced if preferred) for twelve hour periods. The grapes are consumed gradually in small amounts over each twelve hour period, rather than being eaten as large meals. For the next twelve hour period, you should eat nothing, drinking only water. This can be done for up to five consecutive days. In some cases, a medical professional may supervise a grape fasting cancer patient for a week or more.
2. Should any special type of grape be used? The best grapes to use for a grape fast are purple grapes. They contain the most helpful ingredients for weight loss, detox and fighting cancer. The grapes and juice used should be organic. This is due to the pesticide content in other grapes and the large amount of grapes you will be consuming. Juice them yourself if possible, to include seeds and skin. You should also remember not to drink distilled water. It draws potassium out of the body.
3. How does a grape fast work? Purple grapes and particularly grape seeds, contain numerous cancer fighting and cleansing compounds that will flush toxins from your system. These include ingredients that can cleanse and detoxify the liver and kidneys. This is why a grape fast is ideal for weight loss and detox. When using a grape fast for cancer, the idea is to starve your body for twelve hours to fool cancer cells into rapidly consuming certain compounds from the grapes to fight the cancer.
4. What is the history of grape fasts? Back in the 1920’s a woman came up with a revolutionary new treatment for stage four cancer. The woman’s name was Johanna Brandt. The treatment was named The Brandt Grape Cure. You can read more about it here. Traditionally, in some regions of France, people go on a grape fast during the grape harvest for cleansing and weight loss. There have actually been studies that show a lower incidence of cancer in these regions.
5. Is there any danger involved in a grape fast? If you are doing a grape fast for cancer, let your doctor know. It’s not recommended for some fast acting cancers. This is not to say the grape fast itself is dangerous, but avoiding your conventional treatment for this long is an individual decision. A grape fast, in and of itself, poses no danger. At first, the toxins being flushed may make you feel week, but once they are gone you will be revitalized like never before.
Please Note: The author is not a licensed medical professional. See your doctor before making any radical changes in diet.