Ever wanted to look like Rihanna? Most of us don’t have a makeup artist to beautify us, but we can certainly do it ourselves with some great tips! Fortunately for you, those great tips are right here to give you the scoop on how to get Rihanna’s Rock Star makeup!
Less Is More Eyes: Riahnna’s eyes are always minimal. But when you have beautiful eyes like hers, you don’t need much eye makeup!
1. Take a black liquid eyeliner, close your eyes, and pull the outer lid tight to give yourself “cat eyes”. On your lid, draw a medium thick line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Skip putting liner on the bottom lid, but if you must, apply a thin faint line throughout your lash line.
2. Now take a black mascara and brush your top lashes down. Let it dry for 30 seconds, then brush them back up. Coating both sides of the lashes make them appear thicker, longer, and bolder. On the bottom lid, do the same thing.
3. Next, highlight the eye crease (or above the crease all the way up to the brow) with a shimmery flesh toned eye shadow. The shimmer is what highlights. It reflects light and makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
Vamp Lips: Rihanna’s lips are usually dark red-sometimes burgundy. You have to be really daring to wear such a dark color!
1. Take a red or burgundy gloss/lipstick and spread it all over your lips. Make sure you keep away from the lip line. It can make your lips look like you just got collagen injections! Well, some of you may want that plump lip look, but do it by keeping the shine within the lip line. You can top the colored gloss with a really shiny clear gloss to add dimension. The more gloss, the plumper the lip!
Dewy Foundation: Rihanna’s skin is always dewy and flawless! I’m sure she also uses great skincare, which is a must, but her foundation is always flawless, too.
1. It’s good to apply foundation on a moisturized face. If you’re not wearing a moisturizer, then apply your foundation with a dollop of moisturizer mixed in it.
2. Put a dot of foundation on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Take your fingers or a damp wedge sponge (made for makeup application) and spread the foundation blending upward and outward. Do this method until the whole face is covered.
3. Take a shimmery loose or pressed powder or bronzer, and dust a light layer of powder over your foundation, for Rihanna’s signature sun kissed skin.
Arched Brows: Rihanna’s eye brows are always nicely arched. For full tips on how to arch your brows like a pro, click here: 6 Simple Steps to Perfectly Arched Eyebrows
There you go! Now you look like Rihanna. This is a great look for a date, the club, or school! Need more tips on fashion and makeup for school? Click here: Back-2-School 2010 Makeup & Fashion! 10 Must Haves & Trends for Teenage Girls
If you would like to receive emails of my future article links, click on my profile, then click “Follow”. Also, follow VanityGoddess on Twitter and MySpace!