Ever wanted to look like Taylor Swift? Most of us don’t have a makeup artist to beautify us, but we can certainly do it ourselves with some great tips! Fortunately for you, those great tips are right here to give you the scoop on how to get Taylor’s Hollywood Glam makeup!
Sexy Cat Eyes: Taylor’s eyes are the focal point of her face. She’s always loyal to her liquid black liner and her lush lashes.
1. Take a black liquid eyeliner, close your eyes, and pull the outer lid tight to give yourself “cat eyes”. On your lid, draw a thick line from the inner corner to the outer corner. Make sure you go slightly beyond the outer corner to get the cat eye look.
2. For your bottom lid, put your finger under your eye, then pull down the skin. This will make your lash line more visible. Take a black pencil liner, and draw a line across your bottom lid, then blend the color throughout your lash line. Try not to get any color below the lash line because it will look more like a rock star instead of an old Hollywood glam look-and that’s the look we’re going for here.
3. Now take a black mascara and brush your top lashes down. Let it dry for 30 seconds, then brush them back up. Coating both sides of the lashes make them appear thicker, longer, and bolder. On the bottom lid, do the same thing.
4. Next, highlight the eye crease (and above the crease all the way up to the brow) with a shimmery flesh toned eye shadow. The shimmer is what highlights. It reflects light and makes your eyes look brighter and more awake.
Kissable Lips: Taylor’s lips always luscious. She usually wears light pink glosses and red lipsticks.
1. Take a light pink or red gloss, and spread it all over your lips. Make sure you keep away from the lip line. It can make your lips look like you just got collagen injections! Well, some of you may want that plump lip look, but do it by keeping the shine within the lip line. You can top the colored gloss with a really shiny clear gloss to add dimension. The more gloss, the plumper the lip!
Flawless Foundation: Taylor’s skin is always smooth and flawless! I’m sure she also uses great skincare, which is a must, but her foundation is always flawless, too.
1. It’s good to apply foundation on a moisturized face. If you’re not wearing a moisturizer, then apply your foundation with a dollop of moisturizer mixed in it.
2. Put a dot of foundation on your forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Take your fingers or a damp wedge sponge (made for makeup application) and spread the foundation blending upward and outward. Do this method until the whole face is covered.
3. Take a loose or pressed powder, and dust a light layer of powder over your foundation. Use powder and foundation with buildable coverage to make your skin as flawless as you want. One that says “medium coverage” is the most buildable.
Soft Rosy Cheeks: Taylor wears just enough blush to show a sexy flush. Her blush looks natural–and natural looking is the best way to go, especially for young women.
1. Blushes come in so many forms: liquids, gels, powders, creams, and cream to powders. Taylor’s blush looks soft and sheer, so I’m guessing she uses powders, creams or cream to powders. Liquids and gels have a more harsh look. They are also harder to blend.
2. Smile big, then apply some color on the apples of your cheeks, and blend outward toward your ears. Don’t go all the way to your ears! Just blend in that direction. If it looks too harsh, you can put a light layer of face powder over it to soften the look.
Beautiful Arches: Taylor’s eye brows are always arched beautifully. For full tips on how to arch your brows like a pro, click here: 6 Simple Steps to Perfectly Arched Eyebrows
There you go! Now you look like Taylor Swift. This is a great look for a date, the club, or school! Need more tips on fashion and makeup for school? Click here: Back-2-School 2010 Makeup & Fashion! 10 Must Haves & Trends for Teenage Girls
If you would like to receive emails of my future article links, click on my profile, then click “Follow”. Also, follow VanityGoddess on Twitter and MySpace!