If you are having a formal dinner party, adding little touches such as folded linen napkins is a must. Not only does it make the table look great, it also gives it character. If you are not sure how to fold a linen napkin for your formal dinner, rest assured, once you are done reading this article you will.
1. Lay out your linen napkin onto a flat surface. Be sure that it is completely wrinkle free and flat.
2. Fold the linen napkin from corner to corner. When you are finished, your linen napkin should be in the shape of a triangle.
3. Starting with the left side of the linen napkin, fold it to the top of the napkin. Take the right hand corner, and fold that is well to the top of the napkin. You should still have a diamond shape, except with a split right down the middle of the napkin.
4.Pick up the napkin, and fold it in half just enough to where the split in the middle of the napkin is opened by a couple of inches. This will give it a two dimensional look, as well as allow it to sit on top of a plate without falling.
Another way to fold a linen napkin for a formal dinner.
1. Before anything, spray your linen napkin with starch to make it stiff.
2. Lay out your napkin, fold the napkin from corner to corner until it resembles a triangle shape.
3. Place your utensils in the center of the triangle. Fold each side over the utensils. You should have about 2 inches on either side to work with.
4. Once folded over, grab the tips of the folded napkin and fold back like you were unwrapping it. Once you get to the middle, fold the small pieces back towards the right and the left.
5. Too add extra character, place a single flower in the middle of each napkin.
There you have it, two easy way to fold a napkin for a formal dinner. Before the guests come to whatever occasion it may be, practice a few times before placing out the napkins. It might seem hard to accomplish at first, after a few tries, it will be like 1, 2, 3.