If your hair is looking dull, lifeless and losing its luster, it probably needs a boost of moisture. When I color or highlight my hair, my hair and scalp tend to get super dry, and my hair quickly loses its shine within a few weeks after the treatment. I tried the Pantene Pro-V Color Hair Nourishing Treatment for three weeks, and my hair looked much more vibrant, shiny and smooth after each treatment.
If you have color-treated hair, use these hair care tips to boost shine and preserve your beautiful color all season long!
1. Shampoo and condition hair with the right products. If you have colored or highlighted hair, make sure you’re using hair products designed for color-treated hair. These shampoos and conditioners contain moisturizing ingredients and won’t strip your hair of its color. They’re also gentle enough to be used every day, so you can cleanse your hair and scalp and also protect your hair from damage with each use.
2. Use the Pantene Pro-V Color Hair Nourishing Treatment on a weekly basis. This super-rich conditioning treatment contains several moisturizing ingredients that will nourish your hair from root to tip and restore lost moisture. If you have dry or damaged hair, you’ll notice that your hair is much smoother and free of frizz right after you blow dry. Use it as a conditioning treatment after your usual shampoo routine and leave it in your hair for at least 10 minutes to get the most benefits.
3. Don’t brush your hair when it’s wet. Avoid damaging your already-fragile strands by only combing or brushing hair when it’s completely dry. Brushing or combing your hair when it’s wet can make it break easily and damage the surface of the hair fibers. When the surface gets damaged, you’ll be left with dull-looking strands. Use a large-barrel brush or wide brush to detangle your hair while blow drying, but only when your hair is at least partially dry. This can help to keep your hair looking shiny and healthy when it’s completely dry.
4. Take a close look at your lifestyle habits. Skimping on sleep, eating too much junk food and not drinking enough water can all contribute to dull-looking and lifeless hair. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep each night so that your hair can repair itself overnight. Drink at least eight cups of water each day so that your hair will stay shiny and look healthy throughout the day. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid processed food whenever possible to keep your hair looking glossy and smooth.
5. Avoid overusing heated styling tools. Even if you use a heat-protectant spray when you blow dry and style your hair with heated styling tools, you’ll be depleting your hair of its natural moisture and can even contribute to breakage. Avoid using heated styling tools on a daily basis, and do your best to blow dry it straight on a low setting to achieve your favorite style.