Are you having trouble playing Halo 3 because the opposing team always seems to be better than you are? Many online multiplayer shooter games are full of hardcore gamers that play for hours on end in order to get extremely good at these games. This makes it very difficult for a casual gamer to have fun with the game because it always seems like he/she is continuously dying. Although you may never become “pro” without investing hours of playtime, there are a few simple things you can do to significantly improve your game in Halo 3.
1) One of the easiest ways to improve your survival rate in Halo is to run with a partner at all times. Make sure you are never caught in a firefight alone or most likely you will die. With a partner, you can cover each others’ backs and concentrate fire on single opponents to take them out much faster.
2) Communication with your teammates is key. Always try to be talking, calling out where the enemies are, what weapons they have, and how much shield they have left. This is possibly one of the most important elements in Halo game play that is easily looked over.
3) Learn how to use the Battle Rifle. This weapon is the staple of Halo 3 dominance and players that know how to use it right usually control the battlefield. Many play-lists such as MG or Social Slayer include game types that spawns you with a Battle Rifle. The way you use the rifle is to always aim the bursts at an opponents head and keep a steady aim. Shots to the head do significantly more damage than to the chest or legs. Learn to keep a steady aim with the Battle Rifle and you will rack up a ton of kills.
4) Know where the super weapons are located on the map. Almost every map in Halo 3 has a sniper, rocket launcher, energy sword, or shotgun. These weapons are extremely powerful and can easily change the tide of battle if they are in your hands. Become familiar with where these weapons spawn and make sure you keep them out of your enemy’s’ hands.
5) Learn how to strafe and evade enemy fire. If you find yourself in a tough firefight, usually a combo of evasive maneuvers will allow you to take out the enemy. Simple evasive motions such as moving from right to left are good in theory, but many players are experienced enough to keep a steady aim and still kill you. Instead of just pacing from right to left with shooting, make your movements unpredictable. For example move left, then right, then stop, maybe go right again, and then left. Keep your opponent guessing at all times. Another tips is to incorporate the jump into evading gunfire. Use all of these movements and you should come out on top.