As the summer months fade away with your tan, it may be time to make a few changes to your skin care routine so that you can maintain that healthy glow. The change of seasons can dry out your skin and even make it appear duller than usual, but there are several things you can do to keep your skin looking radiant and youthful throughout the Fall months. Here are some simple and effective ways to keep your skin glowing long after summer:
1. Use a hydrating facial masque at night. Making sure your skin stays well-hydrated is one of the keys to maintaining a healthy glow. Use a hydrating facial masque at night to restore your cells and promote healthy skin cell regeneration. Look for a masque that contains vitamin E, collagen, hyaluronic acid and other moisturizing compounds for added benefits.
2. Exfoliate at least twice per week. Getting rid of dead skin cells is an important part of a healthy skincare regimen, and is even more important after summer because it will help you maintain a glowing complexion. You can exfoliate with glycolic acid-based products, exfoliating scrubs or just use a buffing facial cloth to loosen and remove dead skin cells naturally.
3. Get a professional facial treatment. A professional facial at the local day spa can help to revive dull-looking skin and help you maintain a healthy, youthful glow. Get a professional spa treatment that includes moisture-boosting products and your skin will be more hydrated and toned after the summer months. Moisture-infused products will also help protect your skin from harsh Fall weather and prevent dehydration as temperatures drop.
4. Use self-tanning lotion. Maintain your summer tan for a few months by using self-tanning lotion designed for your face and neck. Avoid a streaky tan by making sure you exfoliate thoroughly before application, and keep skin looking healthy with a generous dose of moisturizer.
5. Switch to a lighter shade of bronzer. If you want to maintain that sun-kissed look after summer but don’t want an artificial tan, consider using a bronzer on top of your foundation. The key to making this appear natural is to use a shade of bronzer that enhances your natural skin tone after your summer tan has worn off. This may mean switching to a shade of bronzer that is one or two shades lighter than the bronzer you used over the summer. Sweep bronzer all over your face and neck to create a natural glow.
Maintaining a healthy glow after summer is over is easy with the right set of beauty and skincare products. Use these tips to keep your skin looking radiant and youthful through Fall!