Fall’s cooler weather and low humidity levels may be taking their toll on your hair and scalp. Most people shed more hair during the fall season and the scalp can become drier than usual. The change of the season means it’s time to change up your hair care routine, and there are several ways you can protect your hair from the elements and maintain shiny, lustrous and beautiful hair all season long.
Use some of these essential tips to keep your hair and scalp healthy during the fall months:
1. Switch to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. A lack of moisture can make your hair look dull and can make your scalp itchy and flaky. Seek out a high quality shampoo and conditioner that contains emollients and hydrating compounds. Your scalp is thirsty for moisture when the air gets drier, and you can give your scalp a boost of moisture by using the right hair care products.
2. Use a hot oil treatment at least once per week. A hot oil treatment is another easy way to boost the moisture levels of your scalp and hair during the fall season. Use a hot oil treatment at least once per week to hydrate your strands and maintain a healthy scalp. Massaging the oil gently into your scalp will increase circulation and can also be a great stress-reliever! Make sure you leave this treatment in your hair for at least ten to fifteen minutes so that it can sink deep into your skin.
3. Protect your tresses with a leave-in conditioner. If you plan on being outdoors a lot during fall, or are stuck inside with the heater on, your hair may dry out faster than usual. Protect your strands from drying out by applying a leave-in conditioner every day. You can find these in both spray and cream formulations, and they can help to increase shine while strengthening your strands.
4. Use a deep-conditioning treatment at least once per week. Deep conditioning treatments will nourish the hair with moisture and can act as a protective shield when temperatures drop. You need to do whatever you can to keep your hair strong, resilient and soft during the fall months. A weekly deep conditioning treatment can be enough to keep your hair moisturized and strong, and will also
5. Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo at least once per week. Making sure your hair and scalp are free from toxin buildup, oils and hair care products is an important part of your hair care regimen. Use a clarifying shampoo at least once per week to remove any buildup and keep your hair and scalp looking healthy all season long.
Massaging your scalp with gentle to firm pressure when you shampoo will also promote healthy hair growth and help remove dead skin cells accumulating on your scalp. Use these tips to keep your hair and scalp healthy, and look forward to shinier, beautiful hair throughout the season!