Now that the Winter month’s are here, you may be having a difficult time trying to keep your dog warm, healthy, and happy. I just want to start be stressing the importance of these rules. Your dog gets cold the same as we do, and he or she will definitely appreciate your effort.
1. Never leave your dog out for long periods of time during the winter. Just be sure to give them enough time to do their business and get rid of some energy.
2. Dry your dog. Never forget to dry your dog off after he has been romping around in the snow. If you forget to dry your dog off, not only will you end up with wet floors, but your dog could also get sick.
EXTRA: I usually use an old towel to dry my dog off when he comes inside.
3. Avoid cutting their fur. If you absolutely have to cut it, don’t cut it as short as you would in the summer, and if they are a small breed dog, put on a doggy sweater.
4. Provide him with warmth. Be sure to provide your dog with a blanket or doggy bed to sleep in during the cold winter nights.
5. Never leave him in the car. It’s the same as in the summer, except he could freeze to death.
Follow these simple rules and you and your dog should get through Winter with a breeze! Just remember to be safe and have fun, (you and your dog!)