There are various types of Halloween crafts that are easy for both children and adults to work on. One type of Halloween craft you can try is creating an eyeball. It only takes a few materials and steps, and will not be too time consuming (depending on how many you want to make). The homemade eyeballs can then be used for parties, plays, or just for decorating for Halloween!
If you would like to work on a Halloween craft, then here are the materials and directions on how to make an eyeball with crafts.
Note: This craft will involve the use of markers and possibly scissors and glue. So if there are young children working on this craft, they may need the help and supervision of an adult.
Large white cotton balls.
Black and colored markers.
Black and colored construction paper (optional).
Bucket, bowl, or basket to store the eyeballs in.
1. Buy a pack of large white cotton balls. You can find them in grocery stores, stores such as Wal-Mart and Target, or in craft stores.
2. Once you are ready to decorate your cotton balls, you can start with the pupil of the eye. This is the black area in the center of the eye. There are a few choices for doing this:
A. Use a black marker to simply draw the pupil in center of the cotton ball.
B. You can cut the pupil out of black construction paper and glue it to the center of the cotton ball. Let the glue dry before continuing to work on it.
Note: If you would like to make the eyeballs evil, you can create a red pupil instead of a black one, using the same methods you would for creating a black pupil. You can even mix it up, and have some eyeballs with black pupils and some eyeballs with red.
3. Once the glue is dry (if you used the glue in the first place), you can now work on the iris. The iris is the colored part of the eye, and you can use any color you would like. There are a few choices for doing this:
A. You can use colored markers to draw the iris around the pupil yourself.
B. You can create the iris out of construction paper and glue it around the pupil on the cotton ball. Once again, you should give the glue some time to dry before you finish up the project.
4. If desired, you can use a red marker to draw the veins in the eyes.
5. When you are done and all of the glue is dry (if you used glue), put the cotton ball eyeballs into a bucket, basket, or bowl.
You have just learned how to make an eye ball with crafts and cotton balls. This craft is so easy, both children and adults can try it! It can be completed at home, in school, or in a daycare center. When you are done with the craft, you will have a bucket, basket, or bowl of eyeballs!
You can set the bucket of eyeballs up inside the house or outside on the porch. It can be used as a centerpiece or a spooky Halloween prop! Have fun creating your cotton ball eyeballs and have a Happy Halloween!