Iced wedding garlands add a dramatic touch of elegance to a wedding. They can be used as decorations to compliment many wedding themes, and can be decorated in most wedding color combinations. Tips on decorating a wedding with iced wedding garlands, from arches to centerpieces.
Iced Wedding Garland
Spray adhesive glue
Plastic ice crystals
White silk roses
Thick white satin ribbon
Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Ice the garland in a well ventilated room, and use a mask for added safety. Place the grapevine garland on a tarp. Ice the garland one section at a time. Spray a section of the garland with the adhesive spray, then sprinkle that section with the ice crystals. Let dry. The amount of ice crystals used will depend on how heavily iced you want the garland. I personally like the garland almost completely covered for a dramatic iced look. Repeat this step until the entire garland is iced. Once dry, gently shake the garland. If there are areas that need more icing, reapply the glue and ice crystals to that section.
2. Icing the flowers adds to the dramatic beauty of the wedding iced garland. I always ice the flowers, but that choice is up to the person making the wedding garland. Ice the flowers in a well ventilated room, and use a mask for added safety. Pour a small amount of the ice crystals into a dish. Spray the tips of the white roses with the adhesive glue. Gently dip the flower into the ice crystals. Let dry. Repeat this step until all flowers are iced.
3. Glue the beginning of the satin ribbon to the back of the iced wedding garland. Gently wrap the ribbon around the garland. Glue the end of the ribbon to the end of the garland. Trim off excess ribbon.
4. Glue iced roses throughout the wedding garland.
Iced Wedding Garland Decorating Tips
1. Place an iced garland to the center of each wedding table. This iced garland will make a stunning, dramatic centerpiece. Weave the garland around candles for added glamour.
2. Wrap tulle around the wedding arch, then hang an iced garland around the top of the arch. This is a beautiful way to frame a wedding arch. This also makes a beautiful background for wedding pictures.
3. Drape and hang an iced wedding garland across the front of the wedding gift table.
4. An iced wedding garland can be wrapped around the bottom of the wedding cake for added glamour, or wrapped around the top of the wedding cake table. Both looks are breathtaking.
The website www.beverlys.com offers bags of plastic ice crystals needed to make the iced wedding garlands. The ice crystals cost $7.19 a bag.