Facebook events have proven to be a powerful marketing tool. Measuring millions of daily active users, Facebook is one of the best places to promote your business, let people know of your upcoming product releases, services, parties, meetings or anything else you want to make public. Planning an event on Facebook is extremely easy, demanding no technical skills.
Here’s how to do it:
Log into your personal Facebook profile using your email and password. If you do not already own a personal profile and wish to start now, create one for free here.
Locate the ‘Events’ tab on the application list on the left side of the main Facebook homepage. Once you click on it, you will be able to browse among the existing events and choose the ones you wish to attend or ignore. Check on the top middle of the page and click on the ‘Create an Event’ tab.
You will then need to fill in some basic info regarding your event such as ‘when’, ‘where’, ‘what are you planning’ and ‘who’s invited’. You can even upload a picture for your event. All you have to do is to click on the ‘Add Event Photo’ tab on the left.
Important tip: do not neglect to add an event photo. This will draw your target group’s attention maximizing your future attendants.
Once you are done, check again your entries making sure everything is right and click on the ‘Create Event’ tab. That’s it! Your event is now public!
– Do not create an event the last time nor weeks before the final date. Allow an average time window to make sure everyone will see it and get prepared for it.
– Choose a unique title and make your event shine like a star! Be specific and straightforward.
– Keep on updating your status as the final day approaches. Pass your enthusiasm to your friends with catchy statuses.
– Send personal invitations to your Facebook contacts. Do not forget to include your personal message.
– Check your emails on a daily basis. Answer to possible questions trying to be as thorough and specific as possible.
Facebook events are ideal to announce a happening and promote it sufficiently. Nowadays, almost everyone owns a personal account making it the best mean to reach your target group. Plan it carefully, add all the essential information and watch your business thrive!
1. http://www.ehow.com/how_4602193_plan-event-facebookcom.html 2. http://www.ehow.com/how_2031207_event-facebook.html