Seeing old school mates again at a high school reunion can be stressful. This kind of event forces you to take assessment of your life – how you look and what you’ve accomplished. Yet, like most people, you can plan to put your best foot forward be doing a few things right after you R.S.V.P.
Prepare for your high school reunion, by . . .
1. Getting a mini-makeover. Boost your self-confidence by going to the local drug store and buying a tooth whitener and moisturizer. Then, visit your stylist for an up-to-date hairstyle. These three things will make you feel better and look younger.
2. Listing your accomplishments. You don’t have to be a millionaire to be a success. Prepare for your high school reunion by listing out the things in your life that make you a winner. Do you have a great family, fun job or interesting hobby? Focus on them and be ready to tell old friends about this aspect of yourself.
3. Picking an outfit that flatters you. Don’t try to squeeze into an outfit that is too tight. Instead, buy one that fits and complements your figure. Purchase a pair of Spanx or man girdle if you want to pull in a few lumps and bumps. Avoid the starvation diet that will make you miserable up until the day of the event.
4. Deciding to tell the truth about you. You don’t have to lie in order to impress people. After all, most savvy folks can see right through a good snow job anyway. So, prepare for your high school reunion by making a pact with yourself to be honest. Don’t be ashamed of your old car or pudgy spouse. You are who you are and anyone who won’t accept you is the true loser.
5. Letting go of any old rivalries or foes. Forget about the past. Holding onto pain only hurts you. Therefore, let go of old high school rivalries and enemies. People do a lot of hurtful things when they’re young and dumb. Thankfully though, with time, the very same person who made fun of you because you were short can change. Keep this in mind and approach your pending event with an open heart.
Use these five tips to prepare for your high school reunion. Plan to approach this event with pride and joy. Then, go have fun with the people who helped you pass some of the happiest days of your life.