Repairing the single handle Kraus kitchen faucet does not require a plumber, assuming you have the right tools and the strength to do it.
A leak from the handle in the Kraus faucet is a common complaint for many owners. Here’s how to repair the leak from the handle in the Kraus Kitchen Faucet.
Things you will need to repair the leak in the Kraus kitchen faucet:
How to repair the leak in the single handle Kraus kitchen faucet:
1. Determine if the Kraus faucet is actually leaking. Sometimes water splashes on to the handle when washing dishes and it may appear that the faucet handle is leaking when it is actually not leaking. To determine if the faucet is actually leaking or if the water is getting inside the handle during dish washing. Leave a paper towel under the faucet over night after you have not used the sink for at least 30 minutes.
2. Call Kraus USA and ask them to send you a new ceramic disc to repair the leak from the Kraus kitchen faucet handle. They will need the model number of the faucet. Kraus USA can be reached at 800-775-0703.
3. Once the the disc has arrived you may begin taking the faucet handle apart.
4. Pop out the small hot/cold disc from the Kraus faucet handle. This is easy to do with your fingertips, no tools necessary.
5. Using the Alan key, twist the Alan Key receptacle by inserting into the hole under the hot/cold button.
6. Pull out the handle.
7. Remove the plastic disc under the handle. (Take note of the direction of the disc for proper replacement)
8. Remove the brass fitting with the wrench.
9. Remove the ceramic disc.
10. Replace the old ceramic disc with the new ceramic disc.
11. Replace the brass fitting using the wrench.
12. Put the plastic disc back on to the faucet over the brass fitting.
13. Put the handle back on the faucet.
14. Using the Alan key, tighten the bolt.
15. Replace the hot/cold button on the faucet
That’s it! Congratulations, you just saved you self some money by doing this project yourself!