Sending large files to friends and colleagues over the Internet, using your email account, may prompt a warning from your email provider that the file you are trying to send is too large to attach.
In that case, you have to use other ways to send your file. With the use of a few free online tools, you can send large files to their destination without a snag.
- Download an FTP client like such as the free open-source software Filezilla to transfer large files over the Internet. FTP is a standard network protocol that sends a file over from the Internet from one host to another. Using an FTP client requires access to a website.
- Open the FTP software on your computer.
- Configure the FTP client to connect to your website/server.
- Open the “Site Manager” and enter a name for the new connection settings, and complete the connection data.
- Select your site from the main menu and connect.
- Select the files you want to upload from your local machine (from the left screen) and drag-and-drop them to the Web folder (on the right of the screen). Your files are now accessible to others online.
- To share the files simply share the direct link of the location of the file on your website.