1. Go to your local city or county’s clerk’s office to apply for your business license and various permits. Considering your business of choice is a security company, you can file your business license as a ‘service’ for your security company. To receive your business license, you will need your driver’s license and a current phone number.
2. Choose what services you will offer your potential security buyers. Personal security for an individual or security for an event are a couple of services your security company can offer. Start with at least three types of security services clients can choose from.
3. Create estimate for your services. For pricing, calculate the cost it will cost you for employees, vehicles and uniforms, if any. To lower overhead cost in the beginning of starting your security company, serve your clients yourself. Ultimately, you will hire employees for future projects and event bookings.
4. Promote your security company on social networking sites such as Craigslist. Place ads in your local paper and local publications such as business newsletters. Make sure you include your contact information in your ads. Purchase business cards for potential clients.
5. Build a website for your security company. Provide your opening line, or your mission statement, your services you will and can provide as well as your phone number, email address and rates for your services. Submit your security company’s contact information to telephone directory ads to have your security company advertised in phone books in your regions.