Using the self cleaning option on the Electrolux gas range requires very little effort thanks to the high tech computerized touch screen.
Important things you should know before getting started on the Electrolux Self Cleaning Oven Option.
1. Self cleaning takes a few hours from start to finish. Do not expect to use the oven for cooking for several hours no matter what level of cleaning you choose. The Electrolux oven will stay locked for safety even after the self clean option has finished until the oven reaches a safe temperature.
2. Do not leave the Electrolux luxury glide racks in the oven during cleaning. You will damage the ball bearings inside the luxury racks that make them glide. I do not recommend leaving the stationary bottom rack in the Electrolux oven during cleaning either.
3. Remove any easy to remove food and residues from the oven to prevent damage to the Electrolux oven blue enamel interior with a sponge. In my experience the blue enamel is quite durable but I do not recommend leaving any hot sticky drippings from apple pie or anything else on the enamel just in case.
Basic Instructions for Electrolux Self Cleaning Oven:
1. Remove all oven racks.
2. Close the oven door.
3. Push the self cleaning option on the oven on the computerized panel on the Electrolux oven.
4. Choose which level of cleaning you desire.
5. Press start.
6. Watch the computer panel on the Electrolux oven for information regarding time and temperature.
7. Do not attempt to open the Electrolux oven door during self cleaning mode. The door will be locked and forcing the door may damage the door.
8. Press the cancel button should you need to stop the self cleaning option for any reason.
When I use the self cleaning option on the Electrolux oven I always turn the over the range vent on. Remember, there will be a significant amount of heat produced from the oven and its vents. This will also help keep the kitchen air fresh and clean.