This is by far the best Snickerdoodle cake recipe you will ever try. It is the perfect desert for holiday parties and get-togethers, and its super easy to make. It originally started with a friends recipe, and over the years I have altered it so much, I have pretty much re-created it. The great thing about it, is that the ingredients you need are typically already in your panty, so you can make it with a moments notice. And if you love Snickerdoodle cookies, you will love my Snickerdoodle Cake.
You will need:
2 Cups Flour
2 ½ Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup of Margarine (melted)
1. Preheat your oven to 400° .
2. Grease and flour, a 9×13 rectangle pan.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine the following ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, milk, melted margarine, and eggs. Mix ingredients together until well blended using a mixer or fork.
4. Pour mixture into greased and floured pan.
5. Cover the top of the mixture completely, with a combination of cinnamon and sugar (use as much or as little as you like). This will make the top crusty almost like a coffee cake.
6. Bake at 400° for about 23-25minutes.
This cake is fabulous served warm or cooled, and is perfect to pair with a cup of coffee after dinner.
If you are a trying watch your sugar intake, you can replace the sugar and use Splenda. It turns out great that way too.