Every year people spend money on three and six packs of wrapping paper, just to throw half of it away that was not used. Instead of wasting money, there are plenty of other items that can double as wrapping paper.
1. Paper bags can double for wrapping paper. To add a homemade feel to the gifts you are wrapping, use paper bags. They can be decorated any way you want them to be, and are also sturdy enough to handle. To use a paper bag, cut the bag down one of the sides until it is completely flat. Once flat, decorate, and wrap gift.
2. Holiday bags that have been given to you over the years. No matter who you are, mostly everyone has received a holiday bag with a gift or gifts inside of it. Once received, the bag usually gets put away instead of being thrown away. A useful way of using the bags is to cut them down one side and use a wrapping paper. These bags are sturdy and already decorated.
3. Cellophane paper comes in an array of colors. You can wrap any gift, big or small inside of cellophane paper. The wrinkly look gives it a very distinct feel, and adds character to the gift. With cellophane, there is no need to use tape either, all you have to do is wrapped and tie a small ribbon to close it up. In the end you will have this beautifully wrapped gift, and plenty of time left to wrap more.
4. Sunday comics are always a hit with the children. Instead of throwing away the Sunday comics, re-use them to wrap children’s gifts. It’s easy, colorful and budget friendly.
5. Use colorful construction paper for small items. Construction paper can be bought in quantity for a low-cost. You can choose from an array of many different colors, which can be decorated however you want.
6. Aluminum foil can be a very elegant wrapping paper. Whether you are wrapping a large box or a small box. Aluminum foil can be used to wrap many gifts. When using the foil, be sure that it is the thicker foil. You can use the thin foil, chances are it will rip. To make an effect with the foil, crinkle up by rolling it into a ball, then flattening back out.
7. Lace is a wonderful holiday wrapping item. People do not realize that if they use their imagination, how many great ideas can turn up. Lace is a beautiful alternative to your everyday holiday wrapping paper. You can buy it in bulk at many fabric stores or even at your local retail store for a budget friendly cost.
Instead of using everyday holiday wrapping paper, try these useful, imaginative ways instead. You friends and family will be amazed at all the work you have done, when in fact it took no time at all to accomplish.