Interested in learning French? Need a break from rote workbooks and dull lectures? Podcasts offer a great alternative to traditional learning methods, and can be done anytime, anywhere. I’ve put together a list of some of the most refreshing, innovative, and educational Podcasts. Click the links to check them out for yourself!
1. Coffee Break French– Opening each lesson with upbeat Parisian music and enthusiastic commentators, Coffee Break French has over 80 lessons, beginning with a painfully basic fist lesson on pronunciation of “oui” and “non” and gradually escalating to full-on short stories narrated entirely in the French language. With each lesson lasting about twenty minutes, you really are only 80 coffee breaks away from a respectable fluency in the French language.
2. Learn French by Podcast– For a more straight laced approach to the French Language, try ‘Learn French by Podcast’ where a down to business Frenchman jumps straight into simple sentences on the first lesson, and briskly ratchets-up the difficulty level throughout 141 lessons. ‘Learn French by Podcast’ offers a more intensive approach to the French language, and, unlike ‘Coffee Break French,’ throws too much new information at listeners to fit neatly into a relaxed coffee hour. This Podcast is perfect for dedicated student of the French language.
3. The French PodClass– This podcast distinguishes itself with it’s structured, step by step approach to the French language, more akin to a French 101 class than most other Podcasts.
4.French for Kids by Kids Podcast– Offering a unique, kid-friendly approach to the French language, this Podcasts lightens up the learning process with streaming videos and a fun-loving ambience.
5.Learn French with Free Daily Podcasts– This podcast is recommended for intermediate learners, and focuses on presenting snippets of French daily life entirely in the French language. It serves as a very stimulating and enjoyable way for more refined French speakers to test their language comprehension.
6. Easy French Poetry– This Podcast is a real treat- one of my biggest incentives for learning French was the thought of exploring France’s treasure trove of literature in it’s native tongue. Every Broadcast offers a classic poem, read twice, along with an analysis and an author bio. Experienced French speakers: I envy you. Enjoy!
7. One Thing in a French Day Podcast– This light and easy French Podcast gives listeners an amusing sprinkle of day-day events in a French woman’s life.
8. FrenchPod Podcast– This innovative way of teaching the French Language gives listeners a real incentive to brush-up their vocab. Charming commentators offer an English introduction to a neat little story that’s about to unfold, then, French actors begin to play it our, walking the listener through new vocab and sentence structures as they go.
9.One Minute French– For the most type A among us, One Minute French offers listeners a chance to take multitasking to the limit, letting them put those unproductive seconds spent tying shoes or brushing teeth towards the mastery of a foreign language.
10.Survival Phrases– The pinnacle of pragmatism, this Podcast provides listeners with the key words and phrases they need to survive a trip to France.
For a list of all available French-language Podcasts, check out LearnOutLoud.com.