Wondering what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy? Halloween candy giving you the blues? While Halloween is a great time to dress up and eat candy, you may find yourself a little overwhelmed at what is leftover. Tootsie rolls are a classic Halloween candy and a chewy treat. With the help of these delicious dessert recipes, your tootsie rolls will vanish in no time.
Tootsie Roll Krispies Treat:
Fall in love with tootsie rolls all over again, with this twist on the classic rice krispies treat.
4 tablespoons butter (Do not use margarine)
1 package (10 oz or about 40) regular marshmallows
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispies® cereal
1 cup of diced (or cut into pea size) tootsie rolls (After measuring, place them flat on a plate to prevent sticking)
1. Coat a 9 x 13-inch pan (or an 8 x 8inch pan for thicker treats) with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Then add marshmallows and vanilla. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add Rice Krispies cereal and tootsie rolls to melted marshmallows. Mix until well coated.
4. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press krispies treat into pan. Cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve the same day.
Gooey Tootsie Roll Cookies
Rollo cookies have nothing on these scrumptious melt in your mouth tootsie roll cookies.
One Devils food cake mix
1/3 c vegetable oil
12-16 mini tootsie rolls
1.Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together.
2. Shape into 1-½ inch size balls. Place one mini tootsie roll into the middle of the ball, making sure that it is completely covered.
3. Bake at 350° F for 10 minutes or until tops of cookies are cracked. Makes about 12-16 cookies.
Triangle Tootsie Roll Pastries
Chocolate lovers will fall in love with this delicious tootsie roll recipe.
1 package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
2 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons water
3/4 cup of tootsie roll pieces
1 c Cocoa powder
1. Heat oven to 375°F. With a fork, beat eggs and water in a bowl.
2. Using a cooking spray, grease two cookie sheets.
3. Cut each sheet of pastry dough in half (lengthwise). Cut the halves in half, resulting in eight pieces of dough in total.
3. Moisten the edges of the pastry squares with water. Place about 2 tsp of tootsie roll pieces onto the center of each triangle dough. Fold the pastry over the filling to make a triangle. Using a fork close the edges of the triangle. Brush the pastry lightly with the egg wash.
4. Divide the pastry triangles evenly on prepared cooking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry triangles are puffed and golden.
6. Remove triangles from baking sheet and let cool on wire rack. Sprinkle cocoa powder over hot dough. Enjoy with family and friends.
Any leftover Halloween candy can easily be transformed into a host of great desserts. Experiment with other leftover Halloween candy that will please your family and friends. It just takes a little imagination and a lot of leftover Halloween candy.