Use these 10 living room decoration ideas for men to make your home comfortable and handsome. You want a room that makes you comfortable, but doesn’t look like a crummy man-cave. Your living room speaks for your good taste when you follow these 10 ideas.
1. Install a big screen TV. Place it in a spot where there will be no glare on it from sunny windows, if possible. Get the most lightweight, and flattest screen you can find. That will make it blend in when not in use.
2. Provide seating for several people in your living room. Use a sofa and a couple of coordinating chairs. Then, most importantly, choose a lounge chair for yourself that has elegant lines. A leather lounger is great for a man. It feels and looks good when you sit in it, and lets you truly relax while you hang out or watch the game in your living room. Stay away from plaid loungers, or lounge chairs with built in plastic drink holders that scream bad taste.
3. Bring some plants into your living room decoration. Use real plants if you know you’ll take care of them. If you prefer no care plants, use high quality silk greenery. Stay away from silk flowers. Just go for the greens. Use at least one tall, potted floor plant.
4. Place a bookshelf in the room. Put hardbound books with nice looking spines on the shelves. Intersperse some interesting artifacts, like large geodes, driftwood, or other items among the books.
5. Light your room with tasteful lamps. Try some that have a nature feel to them. Choose a few table lamps that complement one another without matching exactly. Use a couple of tall floor lamps to vary the height of your lighting.
6. Choose simple window treatments that are not fussy or frilly. Roman shades or venetian blinds look handsome in a living room for men. Simple drapes made in a luxurious fabric with elegant tiebacks are a fine choice as well.
7. Choose colors that you like. Paint large living rooms with medium shades, and small living rooms with lighter shades. Use two different shades for walls and trim. This will give your room more interest and depth.
8. Add in a few end tables to your décor. Use them to put drinks and snacks on when you entertain. Put a decorative sculpture or plant on each table.
9. Choose art that speaks to you. Place a large piece over the sofa. Hang other smaller pieces of art in groupings on other walls. 10. Use texturally pleasing floor coverings. If you choose hardwood, make sure you place a large area rug of high quality over it. Keep in mind that you want your living room to feel good on your bare feet when you are walking around with no shoes.