Are you making your lists and checking them twice? If you have children and others to shop for this year, then the answer to this question is more than likely a ‘yes!’ When you are stumped for a unique idea for the kids, young adults, or that hard to shop for person on your list, consider giving a gift that keeps on giving: a magazine subscription. And there is no shortage of reasons why a magazine subscription would be a great gift idea for everyone on your Christmas list!
Unlimited Options: There are so many magazine options to choose from, no doubt a perfect match exists for just about every personality you are shopping for this year. From automotive to health care; tots to teen themes, and home and family to the religious; end everything in between! Browse a magazine catalogue or do a Google search to see what you can come up with for the unique people on your shopping list.
Affordable: Giving a magazine subscription is an affordable Christmas gift idea. This time of year several major magazine companies will offer gift giving deals where you can order a magazine subscription for two people and get a third subscription for free. Another incentive offered by some magazines is an 18-month subscription for the price of a year. Not finding a deal on the magazine you want? Make a phone call to see if they have any special offers that you do not know about or may be coming up.
Educational: A magazine subscription is a great idea for the kids and young adults on your list as it encourages reading in a way that doesn’t necessarily look educational on the outside. Every month when the current issue makes it to the door of your child or teen, you will be giving them the opportunity to read about the people and topics of interest to them. Children’s magazines offer short stories, poetry, pictures as well as crafts, games and other projects.
Support a Good Cause: Many school groups and others conduct fundraisers where you can purchase magazine subscriptions and have proceeds from that purchase go to the cause they are raising money for. School bands, girl and boy scouts and others are a great place to look and ask if you can shop with them. It’s a win-win for you, the person raising funds as well as the people on your gift giving list!
Magazine Titles to Get You Started: Here are a few titles that are popular among the different genres you may be shopping for this year:
• Young Children: Babybug, Ladybug, Appleseeds, Clubhouse Jr., Disney Princess, Highlights High Five, Humpty Dumpty, Zoobooks Magazine.
• Children and Tweens: American Girl, Boy’s Life, Clubhouse, Cricket, Highlights, Hopscotch, Jack and Jill, National Geographic Kids, Sports Illustrated Kids.
• Teens: Seventeen, Teen Vogue, Girls’ Life, American Cheerleader.
• Women: All You, Better Homes and Gardens, Redbook, Family Circle, Real Simple, In Style, Health, Woman’s Day, O The Oprah Magazine, Self.
• Men: Men’s Health, Golf Digest, Sports Illustrated, This Old House, Motor Trend, Field and Stream.
• Other Popular Titles: Guidepost, Reader’s Digest, People, Newsweek, Consumer Reports, Family Fun, Prevention, Time, Entertainment Weekly.