Create this fun and easy tutu hanging witch to add some festivity to your porch this Halloween season. Add a little “the witch is in” sign and you can easily adapt this project as an indoor decoration
Supplies List for Tutu Witch
Pre-made witch legs*
Sisal rope, either 3/8 or ½ inch diameter will work
*See the shopping guide at the end of the article for brand name and pricing.
How to Make the Halloween Tutu Witch for Your Front Porch
These instructions show you how to assemble the tutu witch with pre-made 30 inch long witch legs and a hat. As an option, you can sew your own witch legs by using the article photo as a pattern.
1. Measure and cut out a piece of the sisal rope, approximately 18 to 24 inches. This rope is used to tie all the pieces together, plus an additional amount to hang the completed witch from your porch.
2. Use a flat surface and lay out the witch legs.
3. Attach the witch legs to the rope by tying it together.
4. Make a small rope ring. This rope ring will be the foundation for tying the tulle pieces. See the second article photo for a close-up of the rope ring with tulle attached.
5. Cut a dozen pieces from the black tulle. Make the length be long enough so that it covers the upper portion of the legs, about 8 to 12 inches. You can vary the lengths of the tulle.
6. Cut a dozen pieces from the orange tulle.
7. Tie the pieces to the rope circle, alternating colors, until you have a full skirt.
8. Attach the completed tulle skirt to the sisal rope so that the top of the legs are hidden.
9. Make a small hole in the top of the witch’s hat so that the rope can be pulled through it.
10. Run the rest of the rope through the hole in the hat, leaving a little slack just inside the hat.
11. Tie a knot in the rope inside the hat so that it will not slip through onto the skirt. The witch’s hat should sit a little above the skirt.
12. Tie a loop with the remaining rope on the top of the witch’s hat to make a hanger.
13. Hang the completed tulle Halloween witch as a festive decoration for your front porch.
Embellishment Options for the Tulle Witch
1. Use themed Halloween tulle instead of the plain black and orange tulle. You may be able to find black tulle with silver spider webs for a different look.
2. Apply rhinestones to the witch for sparkle.
3. Decorate the hat by adding fake spiders.
Shopping Guide for Tulle Witch
The hat and pre-made witch legs, as shown in the photo, are made by Darice. You can find these products at your local craft store or ask the store to order these items for you.
Witch’s feet, Darice product number 3110-117, “Hanging Broken Leg”
Witch’s black hat, Darice product number 3110-329