Cotton Lead Rope
1 yard of 100% cotton yarn, cut into 1-foot lengths
1 jump ring, 3mm
1 lobster claw jewelry clasp, 6mm
123 Beacon Glue
1. Holding the three 1-foot strands of cotton yarn together, tie an overhand knot 2 inches from the end.
2. Starting from the knot and working down, braid the strands for 15 cm (6 inches).
3. Loop the loose strands through the jump ring, and braid another 3 cm (1 inch).
4. Dab a little glue where the braid ends. Connect the glued braid end with the main braid, making a small loop around the jump ring. Press together both sides of the braid for 30 seconds, making sure that all three loose strands get glued.
5. When the glue is dry, carefully trim the loose yarn strands from the braid end. At the knot end, trim the loose yarn to 1.5 cm (1/2 inch).
6. With the open side of the jump ring facing away from the braid loop, twist the open side apart with the pliers, slide the lobster claw on, and twist it back together.
Your lead rope is completed!
Variation: Braid the lead rope to 45 cm (1 1/2 feet) for a cotton lunge line.