Every girl wants some sparkle when it comes to her holiday makeup look and let’s face it, many of us can describe our usual season look with one word-boring! If this year you have decided to become a holiday diva, at least with your makeup, you should toss out the old and ring in some new colors and applications. What you already know may be comfortable but chances are it won’t be exciting. Peruse these holiday makeup application suggestions and find one that’s right for you. Rock one look, then try another at your next event!
Holiday Pin Up
Pin up girls are all the retro rage in the makeup world; think Dita Von Teese and Betty Grable. This makeup application idea is very old Hollywood. Don your little black dress, a retro hairstyle and a holiday pin up makeup look. Here is how you get it.
• Cover dark spots and blemishes with concealer. Dab the concealer into the skin but don’t worry about blending it. This will give your foundation a flawless look. Use yellow concealer on red or problem skin.
• Sweep on the mineral powder foundation using a kabuki brush, starting at the forehead and sweeping down. The mineral powder foundation should match your skin tone perfectly. Do not use leftover summer makeup.
• Brush on vanilla eyeshadow on the lower eyelids.
• Apply glamorous eyelashes to your upper eyelashes. Alternatively, you could use black eyeliner to line the top lids. Line from the inner eye out past the outer eye. Give the liner a little pin up lift.
• Sweep black mascara on to your natural eyelashes. Apply several coats allowing the paint to dry between each coat. Do not apply mascara to the top lashes if you are wearing false eyelashes
• Line your lips with neutral lip liner. Apply matte red lipstick to your lips using a lip brush.
• Sweep light red rouge just under the cheekbones.
Want more makeup application ideas for the holidays? Get a warm but sweet looking makeup look to wear for your next holiday dinner party. This look focuses on eyes and lips with minimal makeup on the cheeks. Here’s how you can get this sugared look for yourself.
• Apply your foundation makeup as you normally would.
• Use two complementary eyeshadows for this makeup look. For example, cinnamon, pumpkin and gingerbread eyeshadows would be perfect. Sweep the lightest color under your brow bone. Put the darker color on the lower lid.
• Line the eyes with dark brown eyeliner.
• Dab on dark brown mascara to the eyelashes.
• Sweep bronzer across the nose and cheeks.
• Dab on sheer lip colors like blush wine, frosted gold or soft coral to the lip.
In summer, mauve is a natural choice for makeup wardrobes. Let’s face it in winter, we tuck those makeup colors into the back of the vanity drawer and forget them. This holiday season, embrace your long-lost mauves by proudly wearing them. Make your eyes pop with raspberry colors. Your lips will sizzle with mauve gloss that contains the slightest hint of glitter.
• Apply your foundation and set the makeup with a translucent powder.
• Dab cheeks with a soft mauve blush. Don’t overplay your cheeks.
• Squirt a tiny amount of liquid eyeshadow on to the tip of your finger. Rub it over the lower lid of your eye. Do this for both eyes.
• Line the top and lower lashes with black eyeliner.
• Load lashes with black mascara for great contrast.
• Apply a bold mauve lipstick to your lips and sweep on some clear lip gloss for shine.