Whether you need to give a gift for the holidays, birthdays or any other special occasions, homemade dog treats in hand decorated containers make great gifts for dog lovers as well as their furry side kicks. Making the treat recipe is simple and there are no paint pots to clean up when using paint pens for decorating the container. Doing this project is enjoyable and helps tweak the creative side of any gift giver. On the receiving end, dogs will enjoy eating yummy treats and their owners will enjoy the personalized touch.
To make these dog treat biscuits you will need:
-2 1/2 cups flour
-3/4 cup dry milk powder
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-2 tbs. brown sugar
-2 beef(chicken or vegetarian optional) bouillon stirred into 3/4 cup boiling water
-cookie cutter (or cut dough into squares to look like Scooby Snacks.)
Directions for making dog treats:
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. Put dry ingredients in bowl
3. Mix in bouillon broth, oil and egg.
6. Put dough onto cookie sheet and roll out to 1/4″ thickness.
7.Work from left to right and press cookie cutter into dough, removing excess from side repeat, or cut into squares for Scooby Snack shape.
8. Put cookies in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Let cookies cool before putting them inside dog treat container. This will prevent steamy cookies.
To make the personalized gift container for the dog treats you will need:
-1 clear glass container or plastic container with a lid
-paint pens in colors of choice
-1-2 optional colored tissue or wax paper. (unless container is preferred clear.)
-1-2 bows or curling ribbon.
Directions for making dog treat container:
1. If an oval or square background is chosen for the name, draw and color in this area first.
2. When the background is dry, write in dog’s name.
3. Once name is dry, it can be surrounded with, paw prints, hearts, christmas trees or chosen design to fit the gift occasion.
4. When container decorations are dry, tissue paper or wax paper can be arranged inside before putting in dog treats. This part may take some experimentation. Skip this step if you prefer the container clear.
5. Add bows to liking.
6. Sit back and enjoy the accolades.
“Vegetarian Dog Biscuits”, Bull Wrinkle