Most of us would agree that it would be fun to go to a run way show. It would be so interesting to see what the designers have to show this season in the way of fashion and accessories. It is also fun to flip through the magazines to see what is supposedly hot and what isn’t. Yet, when it comes right down to it, women actually make their own fashion rules.
When you walk down your own city streets, you won’t see many designer labels. You also won’t be seeing women following every fashion rule that you read in the fashion magazine. What will you see?
• You may be seeing women paring brown bags with black boots. We don’t always completely match our shoes with our purses. We don’t always have the time to make the switch. We don’t always have accessories that match each other and sometimes we don’t want to make the match. This is actually okay because sometimes it just softens our look to pair a brown bag with a black pair of boots.
• Combining colors of the same color family in outfits. The trend use to be to wear only one piece of clothing of bright color and then pairing it with a white top or black top. Now many of us are choosing to wear separate pieces of the same color family and allowing the color pattern to pop throughout our entire outfit.
• Curvier women no longer fear color. It used to be if you had an hour glass figure you were told to stick to the more neutral shades. Now many more women are learning to embrace their curves and to show them off with brighter colors.
• Curvier women and skinny women alike are also learning how great they can look by adding a small belt to many of their blouses, jackets and dresses to help pull in their look and show accentuate their curves.
• People with fairer complexions are learning that they can add color to the faces simply by adding color to their wardrobe.
• Neutral slacks and pants don’t have to always be your basic black and brown. You can wear lighter shades of blue and still get that neutral look you desire with your more colorful tops.
• Many women love the bold bags that are being sold in most stores. These look great when paired with a print top or shirt.
The fun thing about fashion any more is that there really aren’t any rules, which allows us to dress in the style that works best for us.