The top five in My Rankings stayed the same after week one. Oregon moved up to number six because they took care of business against New Mexico 72-0. Oklahoma dropped to number 7, Penn State moved to number 8, and Nebraska moved to number 9. Florida dropped to number 10 after struggling with Miami-Ohio. The next five are Miami, LSU, Iowa, USC and Wisconsin. Georgia is number 16; Georgia Tech is number 17, followed by FSU, Utah, and Arkansas. Virginia Tech is the only team that lost and stayed in the top 25 at 21. West Virginia moved up to number 22. The newcomers are Michigan, Auburn and Fresno State. UNC, Oregon State, and Pittsburgh all fell out of My Rankings. UNC lost to #12 LSU, Oregon State lost to #5 TCU, and Pittsburgh fell to #19 Utah. The action picks up this week with some great match ups. This weeks key games include #8 Penn State at #1 Alabama, #11 Miami at #3 Ohio State, #18 Florida State at #7 Oklahoma, and #23 Michigan at Notre Dame.
1) Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) cruised past San Jose State 48-3. Alabama hosts Penn State on Saturday.
2) Texas Longhorns (1-0) beat Rice 34-17. The Longhorns host Wyoming Saturday.
3) Ohio State (1-0) had no problems with Marshall. The Buckeyes defeated the Thundering Herd 45-7. Ohio State hosts Miami on Saturday September 11.
4) Boise State (1-0) held off Virginia Tech 33-30. The Broncos are off until a week three meeting in Wyoming.
5) TCU (1-0) beat then #23 Oregon State 30-21. The Horned Frogs host Tennessee Tech on Saturday.
6) Oregon (1-0) rocked New Mexico 72-0. The Ducks visit Tennessee on Saturday.
7) Oklahoma (1-0) held off Utah State 31-24. The Sooners host Florida State on Saturday.
8) Penn State (1-0) beat Youngstown State 44-14. The Nittany Lions visit Alabama on September 11.
9) Nebraska (1-0) defeated Western Kentucky 49-10. The Cornhuskers host Idaho on Saturday.
10) Florida (1-0) beat Miami (Ohio) 34-12. The Gators host South Florida on Saturday September 11th.
11) Miami (1-0) looked good in their tune up beating Florida A&M 45-0. The Hurricanes visit Ohio State on September 11.
12) LSU (1-0) beat then #18 North Carolina 30-24. The Tigers visit Vandy on Saturday.
13) Iowa (1-0) defeated Eastern Illinois 37-7. Iowa faces Iowa State on Saturday September 11th.
14) USC (1-0) beat Hawaii 49-36. Hosts Virginia on Saturday.
15) Wisconsin (1-0) beat UNLV 41-20. The Badgers host San Jose State on Saturday.
16) Georgia (1-0) blasted Louisiana-Lafayette 55-7. The Bulldogs play at South Carolina on Saturday.
17) Georgia Tech (1-0) handled South Carolina State 41-10. The Yellow Jackets visit Kansas on Saturday.
18) Florida State (1-0) routed Samford 59-6. The Seminoles visit #7 Oklahoma on Saturday.
19) Utah (1-0) upset then #13 Pittsburgh 27-24 in overtime. The Utes host UNLV on Saturday.
20) Arkansas (1-0) beat Tennessee Tech 44-3. The Razorbacks host Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.
21) Virginia Tech (0-1) lost to #4 Boise State 33-30. The Hokies try to regroup against James Madison on Saturday.
22) West Virginia beat Coastal Carolina 31-0. The Mountaineers visit Marshall on Friday.
23) Michigan (1-0) beat Connecticut 30-10. The Wolverines meet Notre Dame on Saturday.
24) Auburn (1-0) beat Arkansas State 52-26. The Tigers visit Mississippi State on Thursday.
25) Fresno State (1-0) defeated Cincinnati 28-14. The Bulldogs have a week off until Utah State.
Fox Sports for scores, records, and schedules