Teens still like to get dressed up for Halloween, especially if a friend is having a party, or if your school allows costumes. Here are my top 10 costume ideas for teens, that won’t break the bank.
1. Gangsters are a great idea for teen boys. Just grab a suit from your closet and fedora, a play gun, and you are on your way.
2. Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head work well with a paper bag. Crinkle the bag first. Then, cut out openings for head and arms. Velcro parts that you colored and cut out on the bag, so they can be removed, just like the toy.
3. For girls, dress up as a black cat. Put on a black body suit, or sweats, and paint on whiskers. Ears and tails can be bought at costume shops for pennies.
4. Girls can dress up as babies. Put on a pair of pajamas, and buy a bottle or pacifier to carry around, with an old blanket or stuffed animal from home.
5. Boys can dress up as their favorite athlete. Use a jersey you already have, and grab the appropriate equiptment: football, glove, baseball, helmet, hat etc.
6. Dress up as a bum. Put on some old clothes, and make your face look dirty with make-up.
7. You could dress up as your favorite color. Put on a pair of sweats in your favorite color and hang a sign around your neck with the color spelled out. I did this one year at school, and it got a lot of laughs.
8. Get 3 friends together and dress up as the” Lollipop Kids” from the Wizard of Oz. Put on a pair of shorts, and a botton down shirt, with a bow tie, and buy an oversized lollipop from the candy store to carry around with you.
9. Dress up as a nerd. Put on a pair of jeans that are too short, a botton down shirt, with tie, and put a few pens in your pocket. Add a pair of play glaasses to complete the look.
10. Dress up as a vampire. Black capes are inexpensive, and can be purchased at all Halloween stores. Add a pair of plastic fangs and some fake blood around your mouth, and you are on your way.