So you’ve retired – now what to do with your time?
Get a hobby, of course!
Here’s my own list of top 5 ideas for Seniors and Senior Citizens to ‘help keep the boredom away after the hustle-and-bustle of working all day is gone’.
Many retired or retiring Seniors and Senior Citizens can banish the blues of their ’empty nest’ by staying active and by taking part in some of the following of my top 5 ideas for hobbies for retired Seniors and Senior Citizens.
1. Number one on my list is always going to be the hobby of genealogy and family history research.
This is an activity which anyone can do, but I especially like to recommend it to retired Seniors and any active Senior Citizen.
You can find some handy tips for beginning genealogy research here.
2. The next iidea on my list of top 5 hobbies for Seniors and Senior Citizens is travel.
If income is sufficient, then travel abroad or within the United States would be great. If income resources are slim, then one can check and find many inexpensive ‘day travel’ sites to visit. For example, I can find several great travel destinations within 50 miles of Nashville, Tennessee where my spouse and I can visit within one days time.
3. One of the joys many Seniors and Senior Citizens can take advantage of after retirement is to enjoy their grandchildren.
If the grandchildren are close by, you can visit, or have them come to your home. You can also arrange times to take them to the park, or to the local library for ‘story time’.
4. The next idea on my list of top 5 hobby ideas for Seniors and Senior Citizens is to pursue an activity you have always been interested in and never had time for.
For some people that may mean a trip to an art store to purchase artist supplies or taking an art class at a local college. For others, such as myself, with an interest in writing, it can mean beginning an online writing career though such websites as Associated Content and others. Still others may decide to take up gardening, or knitting,
5. The last nf my top 5 hobby ideas for retiring Seniors and Senior Citizens is the pursuit of music.
If you have an interest in music, either songwriting, singing or playing an instrument, this is your time to do that.
This is an activity you can do by yourself, or search around your area, there may be groups you can join to allow you to express your creativity in writing songs, performing songs, or learning to play a musical instrument.
There are not enough hours in the day for retired Seniors or Senior Citizens to do all they might find to do, if they simply take note of this listing of ” Hobby: My Top 5 activities for Seniors or Senior Citizens”.
personal experiences of this writer
See more of my articles here