As parents we want to do our best and raise our children to be wonderful people. As the New Year quickly approaches I have chose 5 resolutions that focus on parenting my children that I feel is important to the upbringing of them.
1. Help my children strengthen their relationship with God – Their relationship with God and knowing God’s word is very important. It will give them strength throughout their life and help them lead a fulfilling life.
2. Spend more one on one time with each of them – Life is so busy these days that it is hard to get one on one time with my children. It is important for them to have special time alone with me and important to me.
3. Make family nights once a week – We have a busy household; it is not often that we all can sit down together and have quality family time. The bond of family is extremely important and should be nurtured.
4. Find the right discipline: Each of my children is so different, what works for one does not for another. Unacceptable behavior has to be handled so through trial and error I hope to improve our reward and consequence system.
5. Continue instilling morals and respect: This is a constant resolution for me. Society today seems to have a greater influence on children as in past generations. I strive to continue to lead by example and talk to my children when situations arise.