As we consider how to dress our little ones each year for Halloween, we want to make sure our little girls look their cutest and what is cuter than a little ladybug? Follow the step-by-step guide and refer to the diagrams to make your daughter the most darling bug in the bunch!
black sweat pants
red hooded sweatshirt or jacket
3 small to medium foam balls (black or, if only white is available, painted black)
2 black pipe cleaners
2 small red pompoms (for “feelers”)
1) The pants can be left alone. Just save them for your daughter’s big premiere and remember that you can use them long after Halloween has passed.
2) Using glue, attach a pompom to each pipe cleaner. Set aside to allow the glue to dry completely.
3) If the foam balls are only available in white, paint them black and allow them time to completely dry before starting this project. Cut each foam ball in half.
4) Lay jacket down flat with the front facing down. Play with the foam “dots” till you have decided on the arrangement. Secure each “dot” to the jacket using straight pins. Push the pins through the inside of the jacket into the foam. Make sure to place the pins at different angles to ensure that the dot will not fall off.
5) Now it’s time to attach the “feelers”. Attach a feeler to each side of the hood by wrapping one end around a safety pin and pinning it to the hood.
6) Layer your bug with a sweater or long-sleeve shirt based on the outside temperature. Enjoy as your friends and neighbors “ooo” and aww” over your daughter!