Believe it or not – pork is one of the most versatile meats pertaining to the many different ways that it can be prepared, and how easily it is accessible for baking, broiling, stove top cooking, and barbecue. There are many ways to enjoy Pork Neck Bones, but learning how to prepare and cook this meat is a soul food art. Once you have mastered this recipe, family, friends, and anyone that enjoys pork appetizers will surely come to enjoy and cherish this recipe all year long.
Barbecue Pork Neck Bones with Garlic and Vidalia Onions
Serves 4 to 6
4lbs of fresh pork neck bones
1 Vidalia onion
Iodized salt/Spice World Garlic
Goya Adobo all purpose seasoning
Mrs Dash salt free table blend seasoning blend
Mrs Dash salt free extra spicy seasoning blend
2 bottles of A-1 Sauce
1. Pre-soak fresh neck bones in large pot or sink add 2 tablespoons of iodized salt to water, let soak for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Remove pork neck bones from salt water, thoroughly rinse off neck bones under warm water, while rinsing off meat, remove excess fat and inerts to ensure proper cooking.
3. After pork neck bones have been thoroughly rinsed to remove foreign matter, place meat in a full pot of water.
4. Turn range setting to high, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, let pork neck bones cook for 1 ½ hour, during cooking process – add more water, add 1 tablespoon of Goya Adobo seasoning to cooking pot. During the cooking process – make sure to skim off excess grease, repeat this step as needed to make certain there is no excess of fat/grease from meat. Place lid on cooking pot, reduce heat to low, cook an additional ½ hour.
5. Remove pork neck bones from cooking pot, place meat in a deep baking dish or deep baking pan. Add a generous amount of Mrs Dash salt-free table blend seasoning on both sides of pork neck bones; also add a liberal amount of Mrs Dash extra spicy salt-free seasoning blend to only one side of meat.
6. Turn over pork neck bones; add 2 cups of water to deep baking pan, then add sliced Vidalia onions on top of pork neck bones, top off meat with 2 tablespoons of spice world chopped garlic. Place pork neck bones in oven, bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, and turn pork neck bones 2 times, let sauce saturate meat during the cooking process.
7. Remove pork neck bones from oven, immediately top off meat with a generous amount of A1 Sauce, add the drippings from the baking pan to the serving plate, serve appetizer immediately to guest or family members.
If you enjoyed this recipe please feel free to enjoy this Christmas Time Recipe @