There are many good reasons to upgrade items in your home to the more eco-friendly choices. Choosing to upgrade to Energy Star certified appliances is just one way you can become more eco-friendly in your home. If you are thinking about upgrading to Energy Star certified appliances in your home, then you might want to know why it is such a good idea.
1. One of the most positive aspects of getting an Energy Star appliance is that it will save you a lot of money on your electric bill. Upgrading the appliances in your home to Energy Star certified ones can save you anywhere from 10 percent to 50 percent on your electric bill. The products and appliances might cost you more money up front, but in the long-term can save you at least three times that amount. The specific savings will vary from home to home, and it will also depend upon the type of appliances you have.
2. Energy Star appliances are also more environmentally friendly, which is a great reason to use them in your home. Energy Star appliances reduce the greenhouse gas emissions put out by older appliances which will make your house safer. The greenhouse gas emissions are harmful to the environment and animals that live in the environment so switching to Energy Star appliances helps decrease the environmental impact. The Energy Star appliances are also great because they reduce water consumption and helps end our reliance on fossil fuels and oil.
3. Energy Star certified appliances are also great for your home because they are simply more convenient. If you buy an Energy Star washer and dryer, you can actually get more laundry done at once since they hold more clothing. The washer uses less water than standard washing machines which means you can do more laundry with less water. Energy Star dryers will get your clothes dry faster than an old dryer so it will save you money and time. Most appliances that have the Energy Star certification also run on less wattage which is great since electronics put out so much heat while they are running. Some appliances even will turn off on their own after a certain amount of time which is really convenient for people who worry about whether an appliance is turned off or not.
4. Replacing your old appliances with Energy Star appliances in your home is also a good idea because they get items cleaner in less time. An Energy Star certified dishwasher will actually do a better job at getting your dishes clean the first time around. Often times, you have to rewash items in your dishwasher because they did not come out clean the first time. If you buy an Energy Star dishwasher, you will get your dishes clean the first time around which saves you a lot of money on your water bill and electric bill. Energy Star washing machines also do better at getting your items clean the first time around and uses less water to do it. The various positive aspects will depend upon what Energy Star appliance you are getting, but most of them are better at doing the job than old appliances.
5. Energy Star appliances are also a good upgrade for your home because you can get tax credits and rebates for going more eco-friendly. There are many states that have a rebate program where you get a certain amount of money off Energy Star certified appliances. These rebates allow you to purchase Energy Star appliances and then send in the receipt so you can get a check for a specific amount back on your purchase. Right now you can also get many different tax credits and incentives for upgrading appliances in your house to Energy Star products. The amount of money you will get when doing your taxes will depend upon where you live and the type of Energy Star products you bought that year. Various programs through the federal level and state level will help you pay for Energy Star appliances in your home and you might even get cash back for doing so. With all of the eco-friendly standards falling into place, a homeowner is the first person to see the rewards by upgrading their appliances.