Every house with children has a bunch of broken crayons lying around. Well there is a great way to recycle them! It is simple and the kids can help you to do it. All you need is old crayons, muffin pan, cooking spray, a knife, and your oven. This slideshow will show you each step. Here are the instructions on how to make them.
1. Take all of your crayons and peel the wrapper off of them. The kids can help with this part. Throw the wrappers away when you are done.
2. Cut the crayons into smaller pieces with a small knife. Do this part for the children.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and get out your muffin pan.
4. Spray the muffin pans with cooking spray.
5. Place enough broken crayons along the bottom to cover the entire bottom of each spot.
6. Place them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Watch them and when they are melted take them out of the oven.
7. Let the muffin pan sit out for about 5 minutes. Then place it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
8. Take it out of the freezer and simply pop your new crayons out of the pan. This is simple and they will come right out!
8. Let the kids try out their new crayons and see what colors they can make with them.
Source: Personal Experiment