Add some crafty charm to your Christmas tree by adorning it with homemade reindeer ornaments. Adults can easily make this inexpensive flowerpot reindeer Christmas craft within 30 minutes. All you need to do is get creative with craft supplies.
Reindeer Christmas Craft Supply list:
Small clay flowerpot or Styrofoam cup
Brown acrylic paint
Hot glue gun
2 medium wiggle eyes
Medium brown pom pom
Small red pom pom
Brown construction paper or fun foam
Dark brown or black pipe cleaner
Coloring Reindeer Craft
1. Using a paint brush paint the outside of the flower pot or cup with brown acrylic paint. Paint all around the sides and the top. Allow painted pot to thoroughly dry.
If you like the shade of your clay pot, feel free too skip the painting.
Adding the Reindeer’s Features
1. Position the flowerpot so the larger end is facing down. The bottom rim of the pot is now the top of reindeer’s head.
2. A quarter inch from the top of the head, hot glue the wiggle eyes. Make sure the eyes are even at the top and bottom and not too far apart.
3. Continue adding features to the reindeer craft by hot gluing the brown pom pom below the eyes, in centered vertically on the flowerpot. Allow time for glue to dry.
4. Turn your reindeer ornament into Rudolph by gluing the red pom pom on top of the brown one.
Crafting Reindeer Antlers
1. To make the reindeer craft’s antlers, start by using scissors to cut a pipe cleaner in half.
2. Bend each half in the middle.
3. Take one of the pieces of pipe cleaner and measure a third of the length up from the bend. At the one-third length, bend the two pipe cleaner sides away from each other. It should look like a stumpy “T” with a long top.
4. From the outward bend go one third the length of the pipe cleaner antler. Bend the antler straight up. Do the same with the other side of the pipe cleaner, making sure each side is the mirror image f the other.
5. Half-way between the newest straight up section and the tip, bend the pipe cleaner out again.
6. Repeat steps one through five with the other pipe cleaner half.
7. Hot glue the reindeer antlers to the bottom of the flowerpot, one set on each side. Bend them outwards until satisfied with the effect.
1. Craft reindeer ears out of the brown construction paper or fun foam, by cutting out two pointed ovals. The ears should be no longer than the first antler bend.
2. Set the reindeer craft so the face is towards you.Glue on the ears so each one sets in front of one of the reindeer’s antler bases. When looking at the ornament face, the ears will be before the antlers.
Give the Reindeer a Christmas Bow
1. Cut a four-inch length of thin Christmas-themed ribbon.
2. Tie the ribbon into a bow.
3. Glue the back of the bow in front of the reindeer’s antlers and ears. This will hide the dried glue on top of your Christmas ornament.
Hanging the Reindeer Craft
1. Cut a six-inch length of string.
2. Tie the ends of the string together, forming a circle.
3. Glue the knotted end behind the reindeer antlers.
4. Wait for all glue on the reindeer craft to thoroughly dry before hanging on Christmas tree.