For those of us who are just learning to use an iPod for more than listening to songs while working out at the gym, the words “one-click”, “all-in-one”, “user-friendly” and “simple” are very important when choosing a DVD and video to iPod software package. There are many software packages that will convert DVDs and videos to an iPod but few that encompass all of those words. If you are searching for software to convert DVDs and videos to iPod, test-drive these software packages before you make your final purchase.
1. PQ DVD to iPod Video Suite – You can test a version of this software before buying it as well as get online support from a representative. This is on top of the ability to convert DVDs and videos to iPod for your iPod Touch, iPod Classic and iPod nano. Rips videos fast and converts them to high quality MP4 video that supports Dolby and DTS Surround audio. Priced as low as $40 for the complete software suite.
2. Aiseesoft iPod Software Pack – Aiseesoft not only converts DVDs to iPods but it can transfer files from iPod to PC, PC to iPod, iPod to iPod, and make iPhone Ringtone, rip DVD and convert any video to iPod compatible video formats. This all-in-one software makes your iPod more useful than ever before. Rip your favorite DVD movies to iPod video MP4, MP4 AVC, MOV, M4V and iPod audio AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, M4A quickly and easily. Available for around $45 and can be purchased for Mac and upgraded for iPhone 4, iPad and iOS 4.
3. Cucusoft Ultimate DVD & Video Converter Suite – Cucusoft converts DVDs and videos so they are compatible with almost any portable device including iPad, iPod, iPod touch, iPod video nano, iPhone, Zune, PSP, video-capable MP3 players, video-capable mobile phones and Pocket PC. Purchased separately, each converter costs almost $50; however, purchase the entire suite for $60 and save. You can also download a free trial to see if this DVD to iPod software is what you need.
4. Avex DVD to iPod Converter – The nice feature of this DVD to iPod software is the “one-click” feature. It is not as fast as the ones above; however, it is easy to use, has a free download and trial and costs only $29. Avex may not have all the bells and whistles that some other software suites have; however, for someone like me just learning the one-click feature is exactly what I need.
5. Wondershare iPod Video Suite – The Wondershare suite has all of the features that make it a great DVD to iPod converter such as speed, built in file manager, editing and ease of use. However, Wondershare also has fantastic tech support that makes this converter software a great find for only $40.