A great salad can accommodate any meal, or it can be a meal within itself. The special ingredients that are included in this Cuban Steak Salad recipe will entertain the palette of your innermost taste buds. The most delightful attribute of this salad – is that it is a healthy substitute for the standard family dinner, and it is also very easy to prepare.
Spicy Cuban Steak Salad topped with Feta Cheese
Serves 4 to 6
2 Angus Ribeye
Kikkoman’s Teriyaki Seasoning Sauce
2 head of iceberg lettuce or 2 red leaf lettuces
2 salad tomatoes
1 ½ Spanish onion
1 package of feta cheese
2 bottles of Caesar salad dressing
1 ½ cup of cooking oil
Goya Adobo seasoning/Mrs Dash table blend (salt-free seasoning)
1. Rinse off Ribeye steaks under cool running water for several minutes, place Angus steaks in a colander, and pat dry Angus steaks with a few paper towels before seasoning meat. Add a generous amount of Kikkoman’s Teriyaki Seasoning to both sides of Angus steak, season both sides of Angus steak with a generous amount of Mrs. Dash salt free seasoning, also add a liberal amount of Goya Adobo seasoning to both sides of Angus steak. Thoroughly rinse off lettuce, let drain in colander for 15 minutes or more. Rinse off tomatoes, place in colander until needed.
2. Remove tomatoes and lettuce from colander, pat dry off excess water, slice tomatoes and lettuce in quarters or halves. Spanish onions should be sliced in very thin halves to accommodate Cuban Steak Salad.
3. Place all vegetables in refrigerator until needed.
4. Pre-heat cooking pan to medium heat and add ½ cup of cooking oil to frying pan, let stand at this temperature for 10 minutes. Add 2 Angus Ribeye steaks to frying pan, turn up past medium heat and let pan fry until both sides are slightly blackened, add more cooking oil if needed. During the cooking process, turn Angus Ribeye Steaks two or three times to ensure proper cooking.
5. Remove Angus Ribeye steaks from pan, cut Angus steak in medium to thin slices, add lettuce, tomatoes and Spanish onions to serving salad bowls.
6. Top off salad with Angus steak; add a generous amount of feta cheese to finish steak salad. Finally, top off Cuban Steak salad with a moderate amount of Caesar dressing, serve immediately with your favorite beverage. For adults only, this Cuban steak salad will go well with a white or red wine.
Please feel free to add this Peking duck recipe to your favorite list: