This easy recipe is perfect for fall and will make the whole house smell great. It’s perfect with eggs and bacon at breakfast or for a snack for the kids (or yourself).
The recipe does not include any additional eggs or oil. You may be tempted to add either of these, but it is not necessary. Follow the recipe as directed and you will be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix (Pillsbury works best)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix the canned pumpkin puree in until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle top of muffins with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean.