We have the God-given right to be secure.
I’d like to share some tidbits from the simulcast and the great news that on July 1st a DVD will be available for those of you who missed the event or would like to experience it again. Over 300,000 women attended the live broadcast in 869 locations throughout the country…wow! Here is a nice acrostic for you to think on.
A Secure Woman Is:
Saved from herself – you (via your human, narcissistic mind) are your biggest enemy.
Entitled to truth – much that we think we want is the result of a deceitful culture.
Clothed with intention – women dress purposefully. Dress yourself for God’s purpose.
Upended by grace – grace turns everything upside down. Sincerity in Christ is security.
Rebounded by love – Jesus loves us in spite of ourselves; that is our security.
Exceptional in life – be the exception of your generation by living confidently in Christ.
As Beth says, “God is pursuing us. He’s setting us up to get sick and tired of our insecurity and to do anything we must in order to find wholeness in Him. Let’s not stop Him in any way.”
Got Verses? Try Jeremiah 9:20, Ephesians 4:17-24 & 5:2, Proverbs 31:29, Hebrews 10:19, 2 Corinthians 5:13, Romans 8:18. What others come to mind?
Read chapters 7-12 and do the “Homework.” Then meet up with your girlfriends to talk about what you’ve read and share what you’ve learned!
1. Has insecurity made a fool of you? Think of a specific time you’ve felt or acted particularly foolish because of your insecurities.
2. Based on your journey so far in chapters 1-8, list your own personal top three reasons why it’s time to deal with your insecurity.
3. What is your biggest trigger? How does it set you off?
4. Adjust the prayer in chapter 9 to your specific needs and pray it earnestly.
5. Based on Chapter 12, name one “I already knew that” moment and one “that’s new to me” moment, if either applies.