Derrick Rose has gotten a little better each year with the NBA’s Chicago Bulls and it appears his team is preparing to make a move in the Eastern Conference and challenge teams such as Miami and Orlando. The six-foot three point guard was picked to participate in the 2010 All-Star game, which will be his first of many and incidentally he was the first Chicago player to be selected since 1998.
Rose isn’t Michael Jordan, but he has had a positive impact ever since his rookie year. It appears each year, Rose has gotten a little better as he becomes more comfortable in leading a NBA team . Chicago management has attempted to surround their talented point guard with playoff-tested players such as Carlos Boozer and the other supporting cast– Luol Deng and Joakim Noah– have received valuable experience during the Bulls most recent playoff runs.
Rose put up 27 points per game during the 2010 playoff series against Lebron James’ old team , the Cleveland Cavs.
What is in the future for Derrick Rose and the Bulls? Only time will tell.
Rose is becoming more and more of a dunking threat and some of his dunks can be described as vicious. Whether it is an alley-opp or two handed behind the head dunk, Rose’s performance on the court is beginning to take a different shape and teams are trying to figure out how to contain a budding superstar.
The following are my Top 5 Derrick Rose Dunks:
1. Derrick Rose dunk over the Knicks : Even though the Bulls lost this game, Rose ‘broke some ankles’ from the three point line to get around the initial defender and used his vertical jump as he attacked the basket with both hands behind his head for a ‘poster dunk’. It reminded of the way Latrell Sprewell use to attack the basket with his dunks back in the 1990’s.
2. Derrick Rose dunk against Goran Dragic: Sometimes if your opponent has the advantage and the position, one should consider letting the player dunk the ball. However, the Phoenix Suns’ Goran Dragic made the mistake of trying to stop Derrick Rose from dunking which had embarrassing results for Dragic.
3. Derrick Rose dunk through Zach Randolph: It doesn’t matter who the defender is. Rose was able to dunk against a 6’9, 250 pound player in Zach Randolph with a one-hand tomahawk dunk.
4. Derrick Rose dunk over the Atlanta Hawks: I am a Hawks’ fan, but this was a pretty impressive dunk.
5. Derrick Rose dunk surprises 7’1 Greg Oden: Oden is known as a strong defensive presence with the center being seven-foot two, but Rose is not deterred as the 6’4 point guard dunked in Oden’s face.