Austin is a city full of fun and if you’re looking for something to do on a Sunday when you’re out of work, then there is plenty to choose from. This is the great capitol city of Texas, the Lone Star state, the biggest state in the United States. One thing that Austin is famous for is its entertainment industry. There are loads of bars, clubs, pubs, restaurants and more in the city of Austin.
Here are some great Sunday funday ideas in Austin, Texas:
• Check out the local bars and clubs- The booming city doesn’t sleep; even on a Sunday. Meet up with friends or enjoy some time with yourself at the local bars and clubs. If you’re into sports, you will find many sport themed bars and pubs that you can enjoy while waiting your favorite games on the big screen. Sunday football, anyone?
• Enjoy Sunday brunch at one of the fine pubs or restaurants located in the city- Sleep in and get a quick bite at a restaurant with a beautiful view.
• Head out to play some Putt-Putt- get physical with a little Putt-Putt at one of the local mini golf facilities in Austin.
o Peter Pan Mini Golf
o Butler Park Pitch and Putt
o Day Break Golf Park and Boat Rentals
• Upgrade to full-fledged golf- Austin is the country’s number one golf destination and there are more great courses than you will have anywhere else. Plan ahead to get a good tee time and spend your Sunday funday on the greens.
• Visit museums and historical markers- Texas is a state full of rich and vibrant history. With Austin as the capitol, you can expect that it is full of many museums and other historical buildings, many that are open on Sundays for you to explore, learn and enjoy.
• Get outside and enjoy the weather- Central Texas has a mild climate most of the year round, especially when compared to other states and other parts of Texas. It’s always nice to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. Austin has several city parks to help you enjoy the most of your outside experience this Sunday. Go for a walk, a bike ride or view ducks by the pond.
Now that you have some Sunday funday ideas in Austin, you can plan your next Sunday in the city. There is so much to see and do in the city of Austin that there’s no excuse to being bored. From bars to brunch, mimosas and Bloody Mary’s to lifestyle and entertainment, Austin is a city with something for everyone. There’s no reason to stay home this Sunday when you can have a Sunday funday that keeps you active and entertained.