Let’s face it. When we think of technology, we think of our brains slowly seeming to melt away into goop. However, there is another, positive side to technology-and it’s in pretty much anything.
1. 911. Of course this may seem like an obvious plus in any case, but the fact of the matter is that no matter if you have cell phone service or not, you can call 911 as long as your cell phone’s battery has a charge. Sure, you may not be able to text all of your favorite friends, but in the case of an emergency, you’re covered.
2. GPS. And then there are those of us who are a little bit more than clueless when it comes to those lovely things called directions. Many of us have gotten lost or gotten close to getting lost. You never know where you might end up if you don’t have the right directions and you can even get mugged or harmed if you find yourself in a not so nice neighborhood. Luckily thanks to GPS, you get where you need when you need to.
3. Family locator. Has your child ever gotten lost or found him or herself at a party with no idea how to get home? If so, family locator can help you to find them and get them home safely. How is it easier than a tracking device? You simply program their phone to have the app, depending on your service provider.
4. Mobile internet. Let’s face it-we’ve all been in a situation where we didn’t know what to do. With mobile internet you have the capability to quickly and effectively get information that you need right that very second. It could be something as simple as a product review to see if you should buy something or allergen information that could prevent you or your little one from suffering a severe allergic reaction.
5. Even if you don’t find much use of the previous ideas, you can always use your cell phone as a weapon, a flint, a flashlight, an MP3 player, or loads of other things in a cinch.
The point is, technology isn’t all brain-melting garbage. There are loads of things you can make use of that will make it ten times easier to do things that used to take forever and also enables you to, in some cases, save your life or someone else’s. Technology can truly be lifesaving!