Anyone can have a good time in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina without hurting their budget. The beach and water provide ample opportunities for days of fun in the sun. The following activities are sure to make your time in Myrtle Beach a rewarding experience. Many of the activities can be done year round.
1. Buy a kite and let it glide through the sky. The beach is a great place to fly a kite using the off shore breeze. Kites can be purchased in Walgreen’s, Walmart and many beach stores. If you are looking for a special kite, visit Klug’s Kites in Barefoot Landing. They sell kites of all sizes and shapes.
2. Get the family together and build a sand sculpture. I have seen mermaids, sharks and castles constructed in great detail along Myrtle Beach. Use your imagination and you can build anything.
3.Walk along the shore line and collect shells, shark teeth and sand dollars. The best place to find these treasures is close to the water or near rocks. They can also be found buried in the edge of sandbars.
4.Have fun burying someone in the sand. Cover them with sand until only their head is sticking up. Take a picture. Don’t forget to help them get out!
5.Buy or rent a rubber raft or foam float. Swim or walk out past the breakers and float or catch a wave and ride to the Myrtle Beach shore. I have also seen surfers use the Myrtle Beach waters to surf, but the waves have to be large.Be careful not to wander too far from shore. Also be wary of riptides. A riptide is a small channel of water that pulls you away from shore. It is best to swim perpendicular to the riptide until you escape it.
6. Your kids will enjoy building roads and tunnels in the sand. Bring or buy some little cars and trucks to drive around on the roads. You will also need some shovels and buckets for this activity.
7. Read a good book . There is nothing like sitting by the Myrtle Beach shore and reading a book by your favorite author. How relaxing to hear the waves rolling onto the shore. You just might take a nap.
8.Take a walk for enjoyment or exercise. Many people also jog along the Myrtle Beach shore. A walk at night or day with that special someone can be a romantic experience.
9. Have a body surfing contest. Each person can start at the same distance from shore and catch a wave. See who gets the closest to shore on the wave.
10. Play horseshoes, boccie ball , football, Frisbee or volleyball. These games can be purchased at most Myrtle Beach stores.
So go ahead and spend some tim on the beautiful beaches of Myrtle Beach. Fun is in the air!