Here are 10 simple ideas for Halloween costumes this year. These are all very easy to put together at the last minute and perfect for a party. They will work for adults or children.
1. Cowboy – You will need a pair of boots, jeans, and a cowboy hat. You will want to wear some type of western shirt and if you can find one with pearl snap buttons it would look the best. If you want you can carry around a rope or even a stick horse to go with your costume.
2. Hula Dancer – This one can be pretty simple. You need a grass skirt. You can even make something to look like one with a green tablecloth or whatever you have lying around. You will want to add a bikini top and lei around your neck. You can place a simple flower in your hair and wear flip flops.
3. Pageant Queen – You just need a fancy dress and some high heels. Put these on and put a tiara on your head. One of the kid’s toy tiaras will work just fine. You can add a sash if you want to come up with one and put whatever you want to on it.
4. Mummy – Cut up on old white sheet into strips and wrap it around your body. Leave space where you can see with your eyes and breathe through your mouth and nose.
5. Hunter – Wear some camouflage like you would go out hunting for deer. Put on an orange hat so that people can see you while you are out in the trees. You can add a duck call around your neck if you have one.
6. Little Girl – Just simply wear your flannel pjs. You can carry a teddy bear and put your hair in pigtails. This makes for a very warm costume on a cold night.
7. Skunk – Put on black sweat pants and a shirt. Paint a white stripe down the back of them. You can even add a white strip to your hair. Find yourself something to add to the back as a tail. A feather duster or even just some fabric will work great.
8. Cheerleader – Many people have an old cheerleading costume lying around in a closet somewhere. You can put this on and put your hair up in a ponytail with a ribbon.
9. Nerd – Put on some dress pants and a white button up shirt. Make sure you button the shirt up all of the way. Add some black glasses if you have them and some suspenders. Make sure your pants are just a bit too short.
10. Sports Player – Throw on an old jersey or one you wear for your favorite sports games. If you are a football player, throw a little bit of black under your eyes. Carry whatever kind of ball goes with the jersey that you are wearing.