Creating a tasty Thai dish is simple, fun and can provide you with an exciting change to your usual menu. You might grow tired of cooking the usual but still would like to utilize some familiar ingredients you might already have. In this particular recipe, you might have to go out and purchase a few ingredients such as the fish sauce and coconut milk. Once you have them in your cabinet, you will be able to continue to cook Thai inspired dishes. Look out for similar recipes that call for the same ingredients to make the most out of your grocery shopping.
Thai Lime Chicken
2 large limes
½ tsp salt
2 boneless, chicken breasts
½ cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Thai fish sauce
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat broiler
2. Grate 1 ¼ tsp of lime peel and squeeze 1/3 cup juice. Place 3 tablespoons of lime juice and ½ tsp of salt in a medium sized bowl. Marinate chicken in mixture for 5 minutes.
3. Line baking sheet with foil and place chicken breasts on baking sheet. Broil chicken for 6 minutes and then flip the breasts. Cook for an additional 2 minutes and then transfer to a serving platter.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat up the coconut milk, cayenne pepper and lime peel in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in fish sauce and remaining 3 tbsp of lime juice.
5. Spoon ¼ cup of the coconut sauce over the chicken on platter and garnish with scallions. Reserve remaining sauce for rice.
1 box almond pilaf (6 0z)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or Italian parsley
¼ cup coconut sauce
1. Prepare box of almond pilaf according to the package directions.
2. In a medium serving bowl, toss hot rice with cilantro or Italian parsley and the coconut sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Working Mother Cookbook