It may be getting chilly outside, but on Thanksgiving the kitchen is heated by guests, a baking oven, and four stove burners, overloaded with pots and pans. Refreshing and festive, this cranberry-vodka slush recipe will cool you and your guests off this holiday season.
4 Cups Water
1 Cup Sugar
6 oz. Cranberry Juice (frozen)
12 oz. Lemonade Concentrate (frozen)
750 mL (1 bottle) Vodka (Variation: Use cranberry or vanilla flavored vodka)
2 Liter Cream Soda (Variation: Ginger Ale)
Large, Freezer-Safe Container with lid (Tupperware with lid works well)
Large Mixing Spoon
Ice Scoop/Ice Cream Scoop
Optional: Blender, Spatula, lemon slices, and straws
1. In blender or large, freezer-safe container, mix water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. Add cranberry juice, lemonade, and vodka; mix/blend until even.
3. Cover and set in freezer until crystallized.
4. Once crystallized, remove from freezer and stab/pick with fork to break up any large chunks of ice.
5. If serving immediately, add cream soda until frozen mixture reaches desired slush consistency. If not serving immediately, scoop frozen mixture into highball glasses until ¾ full, top off with cream soda, and mix until slushy.
6. Garnish with lemon wheel and straw.
8. Accept compliments graciously.
Cranberry slush is a festive Thanksgiving treat, but be careful not to overindulge guests who are driving. Serve early, before the turkey is on the table and while the kitchen is still heating up.